Confidentiality and Protection of Personal Information
Hydro-Québec is governed by the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information (CQLR c A-2.1), and complies with the Federal Trade Commission Act (15 U.S.C. §45) and Children’s Online Privacy Act (15 U.S.C. §6501 et. seq.). As a result, the organization is required to take appropriate steps to protect the personal information it collects, including information obtained through its website cleanenergyforme.com Hydro-Québec may not use the personal information it collects except for the purposes specified or in accordance with applicable legislation.
However, they do not apply to third-party websites, and in particular to sites that can be accessed by hyperlinks on the cleanenergyforme.com website.
Hydro-Québec’s name and logo are Hydro-Québec trademarks. Unless specifically indicated otherwise, all Digital Platform content is also Hydro-Québec property, including all texts, RSS feeds, drawings, graphs, images, illustrations, photos and videos, and is protected by copyright law. If you wish to use, copy, translate, publish or distribute such content, you must obtain Hydro-Québec’s prior written authorization.
When you publish content on the Digital Platforms or fill in a Hydro-Québec form, you are authorizing the company to use and distribute the content in question, at no cost and for any purpose, with the exclusion of any personal information.
Automatic data exchange
To ensure that all browsing functions on the Clean Energy for ME website are fully functional, your computer and the servers hosting the sites exchange technical data. This data is fragmented and cannot be used to identify you.
For example, cookies (small text files) are downloaded and saved in the memory of the device you are using to view pages on a website.
Cookies are used for:
- updating and optimizing our websites to adapt to your browsing habits and needs, and
- preventing ads from being shown to you more than once.
Hydro-Québec and its service providers use Google Analytics to analyze how Hydro-Québec sites are used, in order to compile statistics and to improve the websites. Cookies are used to collect the following data:
- your IP address
- your Internet service provider
- your browsing session date and start and end times
- your browser language
- your region or municipality, determined through your IP address
- your browser type and version
- your operating system type and version
- your device type and model (phone, tablet or computer)
- the domain of the previous site you visited
- the address of the pages you visited on the Hydro-Québec websites
- your activity (e.g., clicking, scrolling) on the Hydro-Québec websites
- the point of entry (banner, e-mail, social network, print publication, advertiser’s website) to your visit
- the screen resolution on your device
Hydro-Québec and its service providers may also use this data to develop, improve or commercialize their products and services.
The data is collected and stored by Google on servers that may be located outside of Canada. However, it is not shared with external parties, except in limited circumstances, such as for enforcing a law or allowing a third party to perform tasks on behalf of Google (e.g., billing or data storage).
If you wish, you can prevent Google from collecting data on your use of Hydro-Québec websites.
Download the browser add-on to disable Google Analytics.